Thursday, August 13, 2009

Another one Bites the Dust....

It's times like this when I really miss "My Bashas". Seriously, it's been hard to find milk that tastes as good as theirs. You know when something major happens and you remember exactly where you were when you heard the news? I remember being with a bunch of friends when another friend at home sent a text telling us the Bashas by our neighborhood would be closing. We were all in shock and disbelief. It was hard seeing it close. We all remember seeing each other there and visiting. We used to count how many people we'd run into late Saturday nights on our "milk run" or early in the morning buying food for our kids going to camp or on a school field trip. I used to "car pool" with my friend to go grocery shopping...just for the fun of going! I liked the convenience of parking close, knowing where everything was in the store, and not having to go thru unnecessary isles of promotional items. I liked that the cashiers, managers, and baggers knew me by my name and were friendly & smiled! We were told there was another Bashas just a few miles away and we could make that our new Bashas. So, I gave it a try. I honestly tried to make it "My Bashas" but low and behold, they closed that one down a few days after this trip.
A few weeks after they closed this Bashas, they went into Bankruptcy or some "reformation". Now, they've closed the Bashas in Page (don't worry, Safeway's up there still delivers to the houseboats). It's sad to say goodbye to all "My Bashas"!
For more thoughts on this subject, go to this friend's blog!

3 comments:

  1. as i told shellene earlier . . . i'm still bitter about this.
    you'd think our ward/stake alone could've kept this bashas' location in business.
    where in the world am i supposed to shop now?
    i don't feel at home anywhere else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i feel homeless because i don't have a grocery store that i shop at where people know me! i can't even think about it, it makes me too sad. a fry's that i shop at for mary went under too. the one on gilbert & university. so so sad. seeing all those empty shelves before they close is probably the saddest thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogging!
    And yes, Vicki is also quite distraught over this whole shenanigan the economy decided to pull on us. RIP Bashas on VV!

    ReplyDelete