I finished the Halloween quilt we made in our Quilt Group last month! I sort of took some liberties with the original pattern (see an amazing example here)and made up my own. I used my machine to "blanket stitch" around the legs and shoes. After a few tries with the lettering I traded the lettering to something bigger (thanks steph!). With the help of some tools (reading glasses, large-eyed needles, and some pliers to help pull the pearl cotton through) I stitched the letters using the "blanket stitch" by hand. I decided to quilt it by machine and the idea came to me to quilt a spider web for the background (you might have to look at the picture closer). I'm really quite happy with the way it turned out! Can't wait to display it with my other Halloween decorations!
Monday, June 18, 2012
14 years ago
Great job, Mom! I LOVE the spider web, way cute!
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness . . .
ReplyDeletethe spider web quilting is absolutely perfect!
what a smartypants you are.
it turned out darling.
i love the piano key border.
sorry the pearl cotton gave you so much trouble.
now i'm inspired to get mine bound.
i just got it back from the quilter.
no excuses now!
oh my...that is SO cute! The spider web quilting takes the cake!!! (or the pumpkin pie?!?) Too bad it's only displayed once a year...but I'm sure the grandbabies will remind you every year to get it out. Brodie's already made me drag out the ugly pumpkin/light up ghost that we've had for 15 years that won't die.
ReplyDeleteyou are amazing! i am jealous! my favorite is the spider web! I love you!
ReplyDelete